Warrior's Journey Native American & Horse Sculpture
Dimensions: 14" x 19" x 11"
Renowned sculptor Mark Hopkins' breathtaking "Warrior's Journey" Native American and Horse Sculpture pays reverent tribute to the images, traditions and cultural heritage of this land's first inhabitants. A noble Native American is captured in stunning detail alongside his trusty painted steed, feathers and mane blowing to create an awe-inspiring beauty and sense of life in motion. Each of the 150 pieces produced in the limited-edition "Warrior's Journey" design is cast in the finest bronze available anywhere in th...read more
- Dimensions: 14" x 19" x 11"
Renowned sculptor Mark Hopkins' breathtaking "Warrior's Journey" Native American and Horse Sculpture pays reverent tribute to the images, traditions and cultural heritage of this land's first inhabitants. A noble Native American is captured in stunning detail alongside his trusty painted steed, feathers and mane blowing to create an awe-inspiring beauty and sense of life in motion. Each of the 150 pieces produced in the limited-edition "Warrior's Journey" design is cast in the finest bronze available anywhere in the world, and finished with special "hot patina" techniques to create their transcendent beauty and subtly shifting color combinations.
- Ships from the artist's facility in Colorado
- Items are made to order and usually ship within two to six weeks
- Does not ship to AK, HI or military addresses
- International shipping is not available
- Expedited shipping is not available
Internationally renowned American artist Mark Hopkins creates bronze sculptures that have thrilled collectors and casual art fans alike for more than two decades. Mark Hopkins' unique balance of organic inspiration and singular contemporary design has been called "bronze in motion" for its fluid look, which often appears to display natural beauty in defiance of gravity.
About Mark Hopkins
Mark Hopkins takes his inspiration for every facet of life on Earth, from the majesty of wildlife to mankind's interaction with nature, and produces limited-edition pieces that evoke a sense of awe and respect for the mysteries and loveliness of the world around us. Collectors of his work include Barbara Mandrell, Clint Eastwood, Bill Clinton, Colin Powell, George and Barbara Bush and a host of other luminaries and corporations including the National League Association of Baseball Club Owners, the Atlanta National Golf Club, Humana, Coca-Cola and others. Each Mark Hopkins sculpture is crafted with pride in the USA.
Captivated by form and design, Mark has personally created a signature style of vibrant vitality resulting from decades of study. Encouraged by parents and teachers from an early age, Mark's unique talent developed alongside his technical skills of sculpting and casting. As an artist, Mark is constantly challenging himself to render the rich beauty of life and the deep emotion of the human soul into flowing sculptural form, noting “I strive to express beyond the image, to catch spirit, to reveal deeper emotions, and to share joy.”
About the Production Process
From the artist's hand to the final polishing stages, many intricate steps go into the creation of a limited edition bronze sculpture. First the reproduction mold is made in which layers of silicone rubber and plaster are delicately applied to the original work. Then hot wax is poured into the reproduction mold to form an exact replica of the original sculpture.
When the wax replica is removed from the mold, it is then inspected and refined or "chased" by hand to remove any imperfections that may have occurred in the reproduction process. Next, ceramic cup and wax sprues, or gates, are added which later will help channel the molten bronze into the shell to create the sculpture.
The next step is creating the ceramic shell by alternately dipping the wax replica over a period of several days into a vat of liquid slurry, then a vat of silica crystals. The shell is then set to dry, and the process repeats until the shell has reached the appropriate thickness and strength.
The finished shell is placed in a high temperature oven that melts and removes the wax (the traditional "lost wax" method). The hardened or "fired" shell is secured, so the molten bronze can now be poured into the wax impressi
|Artist Brand||Mark Hopkins|
- Contact Customer Service via email or by phone at 877.269.8817 for a return authorization number. This number is valid for 30 days from the date of shipment to you.
- Return your item to our facility in St. Petersburg, FL, in its original packaging materials just like they were received.
- Insure the return for its full value. We cannot accept returned items damaged in transit so you would have to recover from the shipping company if damage occurs. No refunds will be given for returned items broken in shipment.
- A 10% restocking fee may be charged for returns of $1000 or more.
- If purchasing in bulk (3 or more of the same item), please know that these items are not returnable and these sales are final.
- If this return policy is not followed, we may refuse the return or charge a minimum 25% restocking fee at our sole discretion.
Please allow at least one billing cycle for your credit to appear on your statement. We will process your credit as soon as possible after receipt of your return. Your reimbursement will be made as follows:
- Replacement or Exchange
- Wildlife Wonders Gift Card if the recipient was not the purchaser
- Refund Check if the order was paid for by cash or check
- Credit to the original credit/debit card used
For questions concerning returns call us or e-mail us at: [email protected]
DAMAGED SHIPMENTS or DEFECTIVE ITEMS...
If your product was damaged in shipment to you or if you believe that there is a defect with the item, please call us immediately at 877.269.8817. It is very important for you to keep the all original packaging. We will replace any damaged item or defective item at no cost to you and handle the processing of the return of the product, if we are notified within 3 days from the date the product was received.
This piece is MADE TO ORDER and usually takes from 2 to 6 weeks to produce depending upon the foundry schedule.
Item #: mhs11063
Brand: Mark Hopkins